All hospital staff have access to support and advice when a patient has a learning disability. This is available from the Learning Disability Liaison Service in the Adult Safeguarding team.
If you need support you can contact them Monday to Friday:
Using a telephone to call 01704 705248.
Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can we help you?
You can get help and support whilst you are staying in hospital or if you need to visit the hospital for an appointment. We can help you by:
- Working with the community learning disability nurses
- We can make arrangements to get you the support you need
- Providing you with information to help you understand about being in hospital
- Supporting you at hospital appointments
- Supporting you with making the changes that you might need to receive the best care and treatment
How can you help us?
You can help us to care for you by:
- Bringing your health passport with you when you visit hospital. If you haven’t got one ask the hospital staff that are looking after you
- If you are coming into hospital bring your medications or a list of your medications with you
- If you need extra help and support when you are in hospital please contact the Learning Disability Liaison service or speak to the hospital staff caring for you