All Trust staff have access to support and advice when a patient has additional needs. This available from specialist nurses working with the Adult Safeguarding team and from the Matron for Patient Experience.
Adult Safeguarding team | 01704 705248 | email email@example.com
Matron for Patient Experience | 01704 704094 | email firstname.lastname@example.org
Patients with learning difficulties
The Trust supports more than 200 of patients a year with a learning disability, in both the acute and elective settings. These patients receive support from the Matron for Patient Experience.
How can we help you?
You and your carers can be supported throughout your hospital journey by:
- Working in partnership with our community learning disability colleagues
- Coordinating arrangements for your carers to support you while in hospital
- Providing you with accessible information about being in hospital
- Supporting you at hospital appointments
- Supporting you with reasonable adjustments that may be needed for you to receive care and treatment
Help us to help you
You can help us to care for you by:
- Bringing your health passport with you when you visit hospital. If you haven’t got one ask a member of staff
- If you are admitted to hospital bring your medications or medication list with you
- If you need reasonable adjustments making to your care to support your hospital care, please contact the Matron for Patient Experience or speak to the hospital staff
- Share a patient story with us about the treatment you have received