This service is available from Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm from the volunteers’ desk at the main reception areas of both hospitals (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
- When preparing belongings please ensure you only pack essential items. These include toiletries, a mobile phone, phone charger and clothing items. Please ensure where needed that there are appropriate clothes to support your loved one’s discharge from hospital. You are also welcome to include a letter to your loved one in the bag
- Please do not pack any valuables but include any items such as dentures, glasses and hearing aids
- Ensure items are packed in a plastic bag which is closed/sealed
- Clearly label the bag with the patient’s name and the ward they are on
- Unless absolutely necessary, only one relative or friend should come into the reception area to bring the bag and they must wear a mask
- On arrival, please go to the volunteer’s desk at the main reception areas
- Items will be taken to your loved one as soon as a volunteer is available. Unfortunately, we will not be able to tell you when they have received the bag