Recite Me Button Accessibility


Ticketless parking system in operation

No tickets are issued when you use our car parks. Instead, closed-circuit TV will register your vehicle’s number plate as it enters the car park.

When it is time to leave, you must enter the same number into one of our parking payment machines. These are located at the main hospital entrances and in the car parks.

The machine will calculate the fee, which once paid, will automatically lift the barrier when you leave the car park. No ticket is issued or needed.

What forms of payment are taken?

The parking payment machines take cash and cards. You can also pay using a contactless payment card at the exit barrier.

We also offer the option to pre-pay using the Glide smartphone app.

Am I entitled to free parking?

  • Blue badge drivers holding a badge validated by the Trust
  • Relatives of patients at the end of life
  • Cancer patients
  • Parents of neonatal babies
  • Parents of children staying overnight


Blue badge holders must make a one-off validation of their badge to receive free parking. Only when the badge is renewed will it need to be validated again. You can do this by:

  • Speaking to one of the car park attendants (8am to 4pm at Ormskirk, and 8am to 7pm at Southport)
  • Telephone or email the car parking office on 01695 656140 (ext 6140 from within the hospital) or Please have your blue badge number and registration number to hand
  • By visiting General Office at the main entrance of either hospital
  • Out of hours, telephone 01695 656140 (ext 6140 from within the hospital) or by pressing the intercom button at the exit barrier


Anyone else entitled to free parking should speak to the relevant ward or department for further information.

Scale of charges

0 to 20 minutesFree
20 minutes to 1 hour£3
1 to 2 hours£3.50
2 to 3 hours£4
3 to 4 hours£4.50
4 to 6 hours£5.50
More than 6 hours£6.50

Discounts for frequent visitors

We offer a £20 weekly pass to frequent visitors which gives unlimited visits and may be renewed as many times as needed. These are available from the pay stations.