Parking is limited at out hospitals, so allow plenty of time to reach your appointment. Consider using other methods of transport where appropriate. Further help can be found below:
- Ticketless parking system in operation
No tickets are issued when you use our car parks. Instead, closed-circuit TV will register your vehicle’s number plate as it enters the car park.
When it is time to leave, you must enter the same number into one of our parking payment machines. These are located at the main hospital entrances and in the car parks.
The machine will calculate the fee, which once paid, will automatically lift the barrier when you leave the car park. No ticket is issued or needed.
- What forms of payment are taken?
The parking payment machines take cash and cards. You can also pay using a contactless payment card at the exit barrier.
We also offer the option to pre-pay using the Glide smartphone app.
- Am I entitled to free parking?
- Blue badge drivers holding a badge validated by the Trust
- Relatives of patients at the end of life
- Cancer patients
- Parents of neonatal babies
- Parents of children staying overnight
Blue badge holders must make a one-off validation of their badge to receive free parking. Only when the badge is renewed will it need to be validated again. You can do this by:
- Speaking to one of the car park attendants (8am to 4pm at Ormskirk, and 8am to 7pm at Southport)
- Telephone the car parking office on 01695 656140 (ext 6140 from within the hospital) or email email@example.com. Please have your blue badge number and registration number to hand
- By visiting General Office at the main entrance of either hospital
- Out of hours, telephone 01695 656140 (ext 6140 from within the hospital) or by pressing the intercom button at the exit barrier
Anyone else entitled to free parking should speak to the relevant ward or department for further information.
- Scale of charges
0 to 20 minutes Free 20 minutes to 1 hour £3 1 to 2 hours £3.50 2 to 3 hours £4 3 to 4 hours £4.50 4 to 6 hours £5.50 More than 6 hours £6.50
- Discounts for frequent visitors
We offer a £20 weekly pass to frequent visitors which gives unlimited visits and may be renewed as many times as needed. These are available from the pay stations.
UK Parking Control Ltd (UKPC) patrols our car parks to prevent thoughtless and dangerous parking. The company issues fixed penalty notices to drivers who, for example, park in Blue Badge spaces they are not entitled to, park on pavements and double yellow lines, or block access to essential clinical services and emergency services such as ambulances and fire engines.
All the income received from parking is used to improve a range of patient services provided by the Trust.
The Trust makes no money from penalty notice income which instead funds UKPC’s management costs.
I have been issued with a penalty notice. What should I do?
The Trust is unable to resolve appeals against fixed penalty notices. All information about appeals can be found on UK Parking Control penalty notice. In certain circumstance UKPC may contact the Trust for information before deciding whether or not to uphold the appeal.
Further information about what to do if you appeal has been unsuccessful can be found at Popla, the Parking of Private Land Appeals service.