Communication Support for Patients with a Disability
The Accessible Information Standard says that all providers of adult social care and health services must provide additional communication support for patients with disabilities, their parents and/or carers.
We need you to tell us if you need additional communication support relating to a disability. This will allow us to highlight your additional needs on your patient record and enable us to provide you with the support you need, when using one or more of our services.
There are a number of ways you can inform us if you have any communication needs:
- Telling someone in our appointments team when we book an appointment with you
- Telling a member of staff when you arrive to A+E or attend an appointment
- By telling a receptionist or a member of nursing staff when you visit the hospital
You can tell us:
- How you communicate
- What you need to help you communicate
- How you need us to provide you with written information
- What is the best way for us to contact you
You can also contact the following teams for further support.
- Patient Advice and Liaison Team (01704 704703)
- LD and Autism Liaison Team ( 01704 705248)
- Matron - Patient Experience (01704 547471)
Your Rights under the Accessible Information Standard
An Easy read version detailing your right s under the Accessible Information Standards is available here: