The Public Sector Specific Equality Duties requires NHS trusts to publish information that demonstrates compliance with the general equality duties on an annual basis.
The duties contain both general and specific duties which include the three aims that we have due regard to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
By publishing relevant equality information it is envisaged that it will make public boards more transparent about their decision-making processes and accountable to their service users. It also aims to give the public the information they need to be able to hold public bodies accountable for their performance on equality.
The Trust publishes the following reports that demonstrate our compliance:
- Workforce monitoring report
- Patient monitoring reports
- Annual reports